We are holding an online design workshop as part of the Official Community Plan Review to explore what the future of North Saanich may look like and how it may change over time.
The public is invited to join us on:
- Monday, May 17, 7 – 9 p.m. to give feedback on the draft vision and goals and to help define the qualities of different areas of North Saanich. If you would like to attend this event, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon, Friday, May 14.
- Wednesday, May 19, 7 – 8 p.m. to give feedback on the land use concepts. No RSVP required. Link will be posted on the project page.
Coming up in June, we will be holding outdoor pop-ups to present the draft land use concepts (subject to public health orders).
Find out more and sign-up for project updates: connectnorthsaanich.ca/ocp
What is the purpose of the design workshop?
- To understand the locations, functions and issues relating to the District’s natural and agricultural assets
- To distinguish the different areas in North Saanich and understand their unique qualities
- To determine appropriate areas for various land uses within North Saanich
- To determine appropriate areas for different housing forms within North Saanich
- To consider sensitive designs that respect and celebrate North Saanich’s marine and terrestrial environments and rural characterThe workshop will result in preliminary land use concept(s) that will include locations for areas of various uses and housing growth, illustrations of sensitive design options for different housing forms, and high-level directions for land use in the OCP.