I am a third-term Councillor, having been elected twice (2011 and 2014), and acclaimed in 2018.
Since 2006, my husband David and I have made our home in the Ardmore area. Dedicated to our beautiful community and its residents, I am honoured to be working for and serving all North Saanich citizens. I have a long history of public service.
Early in my 40 year career with the government of Canada, I lived and worked for ten years “North of 60” in the NWT and the Yukon, including serving as an Alderman on the City of Yellowknife Council.
To our Council, I bring not only my breadth of experience as an Executive, but also my negotiating skills which I honed working on negotiations in the BC Treaty process, and pursuant to federal Comprehensive Claims and Self-government policies. I hold a Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) from Concordia University in Montreal, and am a graduate of Queens University Executive Public Administration Program. Music plays a large role in my life, and I have been a member of the Peninsula Singers since 2010.
My regional responsibilities for the 2018-2022 term include:
- Memorial Park Society Joint Finance Steering Committee
- Regional Housing Trust Fund Committee
- Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
- South Island Municipal Partners Working Group
- Community Agricultural Commission
- First Nations Liason Committee
- Regional Water Supply Commission