Geoff Orr is the newly elected Mayor of North Saanich. He brings to the role extensive experience in community relations, a comprehensive understanding of local government, four years as a North Saanich Councillor, and a willingness to listen and advocate on behalf of residents and business owners.
A resident of North Saanich since 2002, Geoff has been active in the community in a variety of ways. Prior to the 2018 election, he was the President of the North Saanich Residents Association for eight years and Chair of the Saanich Peninsula Water and Wastewater Commissions for six years. He also enjoyed many years as a Peninsula Minor Hockey Association Coach and Executive member and was a member of the CRD Water Advisory Committee.
As Mayor, Geoff’s regional responsibilities during the 2018-2022 term include:
- Director, Capital Regional District
- Memorial Park Society Joint Finance Steering Committee
- Municipal Insurance Association
- Peninsula Emergency Measures Executive Committee
- South Island Prosperity Project
- Te’mexw Treaty Advisory Committee
- Victoria Urban Reconciliation Dialogue Steering Committee
As Capital Regional District Director, Geoff’s regional responsibilities during the 2018-2022 term include:
- Vice-Chair, First Nations Relations Committee
- Member, Planning and Protective Services Committee
- Member, Transportation Committee
- Member, Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness Board
- Member, Victoria Regional Transit Commission
Geoff is a mechanical engineer with a Bachelor of Applied Science degree from the University of British Columbia (1985). He was co-owner of a successful software firm in Calgary, Alberta and is currently retired.
He and his wife Susan are the proud parents of three young adults embarking on the next phase of their lives. When he isn’t participating in community events or Council business you will find him playing ice hockey, roaming a local golf course, or trying to keep up with yard work.