Outdoor Burning and Green Waste Survey
The District is considering what changes to make to the rules for outdoor burning and whether to expand green waste drop-off service or change the fees. Your input is important, please fill out the survey by August 17, 2020
Green Waste Facility
We have adjusted operations to provide for physical distancing to protect residents and staff.
The following changes have been made to keep the public and our staff safe:
- Access the facility from Glamorgan Road
- Residents need to supply their own hand tools
- Access is limited to personal vehicles (i.e. cars, pickup trucks, utility trailers)
Rates: Please note we are accepting cash payments only (exact amount). We do not have the ability to accept electronic payments at the facility.
- $7.00 Car
- $15.00 Pickup or Utility Trailer
- Larger loads are assessed by staff
Contractors must provide proof that the green waste came from a North Saanich property, for example, a letter from the property owner.
Regular Schedule – hours of operation 8:00 a.m. – noon
- Green Waste: Must be clean and free of debris such as rocks and soil. May include branches, grass clippings, garden debris, and stumps which can be loaded/unloaded by hand.
- Wood waste not allowed
Alternate Disposal Sites
1 Hartland Avenue
View list of facilities that accept separated yard and garden material within the Capital Regional District: Yard and Garden Waste Disposal Facilities