Current Fire Danger Rating
The North Saanich Fire Department is committed to keeping everyone who lives in and enjoys our community safe. We preserve life, protect property and the environment.
- Established in 1972
- 3 career firefighters
- Approximately 35 volunteers
- 1 support staff
- 2 fire halls
We respond to more than 600 emergency incidents every year, including:
- Fire Suppression
- Medical Response
- Vehicle Extrication
- Mutual Aid Requests
- Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Public Service Requests
- Attend community events and deliver programs and presentations to citizens, groups and businesses.
- Provide fire and life safety education through programs like Learn Not to Burn, A Working Smoke Alarm in Every Home and Fire Prevention Week.
- Inspect commercial and residential occupancies and review construction plans to make sure they comply with fire safety regulations and bylaws.
- Create plans to keep our members safe when they fight fires.
- Provide fire investigations.
- Assist with car seat installations. Contact the Fire Department to make an appointment.
For information on outdoor burning, visit our outdoor burning page.
Make your home FireSmart so you are prepared in the event of a wildfire.
To contact staff in the Emergency Services department, visit the emergency services contact list.
To contact the North Saanich Fire Department (non-emergencies), visit the Fire Hall contact page. In an emergency, always dial 9-1-1.