The North Saanich Fire Department is committed to keeping everyone who lives in and enjoys our community safe. We preserve life, protect property and the environment.
- Established in 1972
- 3 career firefighters
- Approximately 35 volunteers
- 1 support staff
- 2 fire halls
We respond to more than 600 emergency incidents every year, including:
- Fire Suppression
- Medical Response
- Vehicle Extrication
- Mutual Aid Requests
- Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Public Service Requests
- Attend community events and deliver programs and presentations to citizens, groups and businesses.
- Provide fire and life safety education through programs like Learn Not to Burn, A Working Smoke Alarm in Every Home and Fire Prevention Week.
- Inspect commercial and residential occupancies and review construction plans to make sure they comply with fire safety regulations and bylaws.
- Create plans to keep our members safe when they fight fires.
- Provide fire investigations.
For information on outdoor burning, click here.
To contact staff in the Emergency Services department, click here.
To contact the North Saanich Fire Department (non-emergencies), click here. In an emergency, always dial 9-1-1.