Fire Department Volunteer Recruitment
Join North Saanich’s dedicated team of volunteer firefighters. With approximately 35 volunteers, North Saanich Fire Department is looking for committed men and women to grow their diverse team.
Become part of a team that protects and meaningfully impacts your community, while gaining valuable skills and training.
Requirements to Apply
- Resident of North Saanich or the surrounding area
- 19 years of age or older
- Healthy and physically fit (medical and fitness screening required)
- Of good character (Police Information check required)
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License
- Able and willing to commit to the community
- Daytime availability preferred
- Able to attend weekly training sessions
- No previous experience or special skills required
- Tuesday night training 19:00 – 21:30
- Additional weeknight/weekend obligations required for recruit training
- Calls as they come in
- Attendance at public events
The spring recruitment deadline has closed.