Fire Department Volunteer Recruitment
Join North Saanich’s dedicated team of volunteer firefighters. With approximately 35 volunteers, North Saanich Fire Department is looking for committed women and men to grow its diverse team.
Become part of a team that protects and has a meaningful impact on your community, while you gain valuable skills and training.
No previous experience or special skills are required, and a diversity of experience and background is valued.
Requirements to Apply
- Resident of North Saanich or the surrounding area
- 19 years of age or older
- Healthy and physically fit (medical and fitness screening required)
- Of good character (Police Information Check required)
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s Licence
- Able and willing to commit to the community
- Daytime availability preferred
- Able to attend weekly training sessions
- Tuesday night training (7:00 pm – 9:30 pm)
- Additional weeknight/weekend obligations required for recruit training
- Calls as they come in
- Attendance at public events