The District continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and is following the guidance of the Federal and Provincial governments and Island Health. The District is working closely with the Town of Sidney, District of Central Saanich, and other regional local governments to coordinate the delivery of local municipal and emergency services.
District of North Saanich COVID-19 Policies
- Communicable Disease Plan (Feb 4, 2022)
- North Saanich Workplace Safety Plan for COVID-19 (Jan 6, 2021)
Municipal Facilities & Services
Municipal Hall is open to the public for all services, and masks are no longer mandatory.
All District parks, trails, and facilities are open for public use, including pickleball, tennis courts, and playgrounds. Please follow the signs for safe use of facilities and equipment. Visit the Parks & Recreation page to find out more. Reminder: Bring water for your pets.
How you can help
Be safe, help stop the spread: Please help your community by practicing social distancing, connecting with people virtually, and keeping 2 metres (6 feet) between yourself and others when in public. Wash your hands often, avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, and always stay home if you are sick.
Be a good neighbour: If you can do so safely, please check in with your neighbours to see if they need assistance.
Help keep sewers clear: Please do not flush sanitizer wipes, paper towels, or baby wipes down the toilet. These non-flushable items can block sewers and impact sewer station functions.
Council and Committee Meetings during COVID-19
Council and Committee meetings have continued throughout the pandemic. Meetings are broadcast live and are recorded. The video recording will be posted by noon the day after the meeting. The public can view meeting schedules, agendas, minutes, and video recordings at northsaanich.ca/council-meetings.
Members of the public who wish to participate during the public participation portion of a Council meeting should register before noon on the day of the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a meeting link. Note: if you are participating virtually, the host will end the Zoom call following the public participation portion of the meeting. At that point, we invite you to continue watching the live video of the meeting at northsaanich.ca/council-meetings.
Participation is available in the following ways:
- Attend in person to address Council
- Submit written comments: email email@example.com or post your mail to Corporate Services, 1620 Mills Road, North Saanich, BC, V8L 5S9
- Virtually: register to attend the meeting, via Zoom, for up to three minutes
- Recorded audio submissions: email recorded audio submissions in MP4 format. Submissions must not exceed three minutes in length and must include your name and municipality of residence
To watch the Council meeting, please use the video link (you do not need to register to watch the meeting)
Agenda deadline: Written submissions received by the Wednesday prior to the meeting are included in Council and Committee of the Whole agenda packages. Late items received by noon on the day of the meeting are presented to Council for consideration at the meeting ONLY if they are in response to an agenda item or are time-sensitive. All other late items will be placed on a future Council meeting agenda.
- BC Centre for Disease Control – COVID-19
- BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
- For medical questions, call 8-1-1 (7-1-1 for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing)
- For non-medical info, call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) or text 604-630-0300
- Register with Safe Seniors, Strong Communities: call 211 or visit bc211.ca for seniors in need or those who are able to provide support to seniors
- Government of Canada Diseases and Conditions – COVID-19
- Government of Canada Public Health – COVID-19
- World Health Organization – COVID-19