Following public engagement and presentations to Council, the District’s 2023-2027 Financial Plan has been finalized.
Over the course of the budget process, Council reduced the general tax increase from a proposed 5.9% down to 4.9%.
The impact of a 4.9% general tax increase on the average residence is about $73 for the year or about $6 a month. The 2023-2027 Financial Plan is centered around resilient financial management, strong asset management, healthy financial reserves, long-term investments, low debt, and minimizing the tax impact on our community during changing global financial challenges.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to participate in the budget’s development.
- Early March– Draft 2023 Budget available for public review and feedback
- Mid-March – Budget Committee Meetings to review the draft Budget
- March/April – Additional Budget Committee Meetings (as needed)
- Early May – Adoption of the Five Year Financial Plan Bylaw, Tax Rate Bylaw, Utility Rate Bylaw and Parcel Tax Bylaws
- 2023-2027 Financial Plan
- 2022-2026 Financial Plan
- 2022-2026 Financial Plan Bylaw
- 2023 Engagement Summary
NOTE: Property Tax notices are prepared after the financial plan and tax rate bylaws are adopted by Council. Read more about property tax on our Property Tax web page.