Current Fire Danger Rating
The North Saanich Fire Department is committed to keeping everyone who lives in and enjoys our community safe. We preserve life, and protect property and the environment.
- Established in 1972
- 3 career firefighters
- Approximately 35 volunteers
- 1 support staff
- 2 fire halls
We respond to more than 600 emergency incidents every year, including:
- Fire Suppression
- Medical Response
- Vehicle Extrication
- Mutual Aid Requests
- Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Public Service Requests
- Attend community events and deliver programs and presentations to citizens, groups and businesses.
- Provide fire and life safety education through programs like Learn Not to Burn, A Working Smoke Alarm in Every Home and Fire Prevention Week.
- Inspect commercial and residential occupancies and review construction plans to make sure they comply with fire safety regulations and bylaws.
- Create plans to keep our members safe when they fight fires.
- Provide fire investigations.
- Assist with car seat installations. Contact the Fire Department to make an appointment.
Visit our emergency preparedness page for more information.
Visit our outdoor burning page for more information.
Saanich Peninsula Alert System
North Saanich, Sidney and Central Saanich municipalities have joined together to provide public safety alerts to the residents of the peninsula through the Saanich Peninsula Alert System. The system is designed to deliver critical and potentially life-saving alerts to residents and stakeholders who are registered. Visit our Saanich Peninsula Alert System page for more information.
Make your home FireSmart so you are prepared in the event of a wildfire.
What is it? The WASP Wildfire Protection Kit is a gutter mount sprinkler system. The kit comes with everything needed to help protect a standard sized home from a wildfire. The 360-degree continuous spray of sprinklers gets water to the home’s roof and surrounding areas, where it’s needed most during wildfire emergencies.
Visit our volunteer recruitment page for more information on volunteer opportunities.
To contact staff in the Emergency Services department, visit the emergency services contact list.
To contact the North Saanich Fire Department (non-emergencies), visit the Fire Hall contact page. In an emergency, always dial 9-1-1.