Freedom of Information
British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) sets out the responsibilities for the collection, use and disclosure of information for public institutions.
Access to Information
There are three ways to access information held by the District of North Saanich:
- through the website
- by contacting District staff (most requests can be resolved without a Freedom of Information request)
- formally, through a Freedom of Information request
Reports and records posted online or available by contacting District of North Saanich staff include:
- Document Library:
- Corporate reports (eg. strategic plan, annual report)
- Financial reports and statements
- Council agendas and minutes from public meetings
- Property Information (GIS)
- Utility and property tax billing information at Online Services
Property owners (and their authorized agents/realtors) may request records related to their property by completing the Request for Property File Information form and returning it to the Planning & Community Services Department or emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freedom of Information Requests
If the information you are seeking is not available online or by contacting District staff, you can request copies of records by either submitting a completed Access to Records Request Form or emailing email@example.com. Please provide as much detail as you can including your name, the type and date range for the records you are seeking, and whether you would like to receive the records by email, regular mail or pick- up.
Written requests or the completed form can be sent to:
The District may charge fees for the costs of providing applicants with records. For a list of fees and charges please refer to Schedule 1 to FIPPA.