Skip to content

Utility Billing

Home»Our Services»Utility Billing
Print This

Water and Sewer Utility Billing

Utility Billing

Water and sewer costs are paid for through user charges, which are based on water consumption, and capital infrastructure levies, which are fixed amounts charged to a parcel of property. The water and sewer user charges are billed tri-annually, while the capital infrastructure levies are charged on the annual property tax notice.

To sign up for utility e-billing or view your balance owing for utilities, you can sign up for an Online Services account.

Utility Payment Options

Online Banking – You can pay your utility bill online using your bank’s online bill payment service. If you have not paid us using this method before, you will have to add the District of North Saanich as a new payee.

Please note that the District of North Saanich can sometimes be confused with the District of Saanich or the District of Central Saanich via online banking interfaces. Accordingly, please ensure that you select your North Saanich account to avoid sending payments to the wrong municipality.

Please also note that there is more than one North Saanich payee, please be sure to select the water/utilities option. Your 14 digit account number can be found on your utility bill.

Pre-Authorized Withdrawal – You can arrange to have your utility account balance automatically withdrawn from your bank account on each due date. To sign up for this service, complete the authorization form. If you need to cancel this service, please complete the modification form.

By Mail – Cheques are accepted by mail. Please send to:

District of North Saanich
1620 Mills Rd
North Saanich BC V8L5S9

At your bank – Utility bills are payable in person at most financial institutions.

Water Leak Adjustments

If a property owner experiences a leak in their water system, leading to higher than normal water consumption, they may be eligible for a one-time leak adjustment once they have remedied the leak. Please see the policy and form below that outlines the circumstances under which property owners can apply for a leak adjustment, and the methodology that will be used to calculate the amount of the adjustment.

For more information on utility billing, contact the Financial Services and Information Technology department.

Print This
Back To Top