March 20-26, 2023, is WaterSense Fix-a-Leak Week, and we are encouraging homeowners to be proactive in locating and repairing leaks in their homes.
The average household’s leaks can account for nearly 10,000 gallons of water wasted every year, and 10% of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons or more per day. We can help ensure our long-term drinking water supply and save money on water bills by fixing leaks.
To help make fixing leaks simple and inexpensive, The District is joining the CRD’s water conservation initiative as a pick-up location for Fix-a-Leak Kits. Kits are stocked with helpful tools to assess and repair leaks to help you save money and valuable drinking water. Kits include:
- Household Guide to Water Efficiency
- Toilet leak detection tablets
- Low-flow bathroom faucet aerator
- Shower fixture flow rate testing bag
- Drip gauge
- Brochures: Water Wise Bathrooms, Cross Connection, Drinking Water Quality
- Water tank shut-off tag
- Biodegradable cleaning sponge
Stop by the Municipal Hall and pick up a Fix-a-Leak Kit.