Effective September 1, 2018 the following will apply to property owners who experience leaks in their water systems resulting in higher than normal water consumption:
- Adjustments will only be granted for leaks in the main underground water line(s) between the water meter and the residence or building(s)
- Adjustments will not be made for leaks in the following:
- all internal plumbing systems and fixtures
- irrigation and/or sprinkler systems on a property
- in-ground or above ground pools, ponds, and fountains
- any auxiliary lines connected to the main water line(s)
- premises left abandoned or vacated without reasonable care for the plumbing system
- Tangible proof that all leaks have been repaired is required. The District reserves the right to inspect the repair prior to considering a leak adjustment
- The property owner shall be responsible for the estimated normal amount of water consumed at the current retail water rate, plus 50% of the additional water consumed as a result of the leak at the current retail water rate.
- Only one leak adjustment per property owner and main water line(s) within a twenty four (24) month water consumption period shall be permitted.
- A property owner has no more than one hundred and twenty (120) days from the date of billing, to submit a leak adjustment application form to the Financial Services Department
All property owners are encouraged to review the complete policy as follows: Water Utility Leak Adjustment Policy No. 8001.3 Please note that this policy will be in effect for water consumed on or after September 1, 2018. This consumption will appear on the water utility bill issued in January 2019. Water leak adjustments identified on the September 2018 bill, as a result of May – August 2018 water consumption, will be processed in accordance with the previous policy.
For any questions, or if you suspect you have a water leak, please contact the Financial Services Department at 250-656-0781 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.