Denham Till Park and Private Residence
The Denham Till Park and Residence is located on the north side of Birch Road in North Saanich. This heritage site consists of a park with quince, hazelnut and apple trees, a playground area, and a large grassed lawn.
Character Defining Elements
- Picturesque setting among mature coniferous and deciduous trees;
- Residential form, scale and massing of the house as expressed by its one-story height hipped roof and three-quarter width open veranda;
- Construction materials of the house as expressed by its wood-frame structure including exposed rafters, double-beveled siding, cornerboards and porch columns; external and internal red-brick chimneys; windows such as its double-hung, 1-over-1 wooden sash windows in single, double and triple assembly with diagonally-cut window aprons;
- Original interior features such as wood planking, hardboard paneling, wooden floors and trim, and iron-spot tan brick fireplace;
- One-story front-gabled garage.