Subdivision can generally be described as the legal mechanism to create new, titled parcels of land. Where a proposed subdivision complies with the current zoning regulations for the parcel, applications are submitted to the District of North Saanich Approving Officer.
Once an application has been accepted the Approving Officer has 60 days to issue a Preliminary Layout Acceptance (PLA) letter which will set out the conditions for final subdivision. These conditions must be met before a subdivision will be approved by the Approving Officer.
Some conditions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Road dedication
- Development permit area requirements
- Park dedication
- Storm water management
- Servicing upgrades
- Engineering design
- Site Profile
- Technical reports/ studies for environment. Archaeological, slope stability, traffic analysis
Subdivision Application Fees
- Boundary Lot Adjustment (3 or less lots, no new lots created) $700.00
- Subdivision Application (creating 1 or more new lots)
- Basic Application Fee $1,000.00
- Plus $100.00 for Each New Lot Created
Please note that the District accepts cash, cheque or interac but does not accept credit cards.
Please note there are no refunds for applications which are withdrawn, cancelled or expired. Once a PLA is issued, the applicant has 6 months to complete the requirement. If requested prior to the expiration of the PLA, an extension of up to 9 months may be considered.
For servicing inquiries, please contact the Infrastructure Services department.
For application inquiries, please contact the Planning & Community Services department.