Temporary Use Permit
A Temporary Use Permit (TUP) allows for a use of land, on a temporary basis, not otherwise permitted in the District’s Zoning Bylaw. TUPs may be issued for a period up to 3 years from the date the permit was approved by Council. TUPs may be renewed once subject to Council approval.
Subject to Council Approval, TUPs may be applied for within the following zones:
- Institutional Zones: P-1, P-2, P-3, P-4, P-5, P-6, P-7, and P-8
- Commercial Zones: C-1, C-2, C-3, C-4, C-5, and C-6
- Rural Agricultural Zones: RA-1, RA-2, RA-3, RA-4, RA-5, RA-6 and RA-7
- Light Industrial: CS-1
- Single Family Residential Zones: R-1, R-2 and R-3
- Multiple Family Residential Zones: RM-1, RM-2 and RM-3
Conditions under which a temporary use may be allowed are established within the permit, including the site design and layout, and length of time the temporary use can occur.
We want to ensure your application is clear and complete therefore prior to submission we encourage you to speak with one of our planners regarding your proposal. Staff have prepared the following forms to help you through the application requirements.
The following forms are a requirement for a TUP application:
- Temporary Use Permit Application Form
- Owner’s Authorization Form
- Site Profile
- A site plan is also required to accompany your application
Listing of our Development Application Fees. Please note that the District accepts cash, cheque or interac but does not accept credit cards.
For more information, please contact the Planning and Community Services department.