skip to Main Content

Other Permits from Building Inspection

Home»Business & Development»Building or Renovating»Other Permits from Building Inspection
Print This

Other Permits from Building Inspection

  • Tree Cutting and Removal Permit – property owner may remove 5 trees over 8” diameter and 25 trees between 4” and 8” diameter per acre per calendar year, however, they are still required to submit an application form. There is no fee required for this type of application. Trees that are dead, diseased, or dying or tree removal required for development will require a permit and associated fees.
  • Plumbing Installation Permit – permit for new or altered plumbing systems or garden irrigation systems and associated inspections. 
  • Heating Installation Permit (commercial or domestic oil-burner, gas, and diesel tanks)  – permit must be applied for at Municipal Hall, further inspections either conducted by the Building Inspectors or Fire Department staff. Issued at Municipal Hall.
  • Fire Place and Chimney Permit – issued at Municipal Hall, inspections conducted by Building Inspectors staff
  • Wrecking and Demolishing Permit (Building Permit Application Form) – permit to wreck, demolish, deconstruct or remove a building.
  • Fire Protection Equipment Permit (Plumbing Permit) – installation of sprinkler systems
  • Sign Permit (Building Permit Application Form) – All signs require a permit unless they are included within the exemptions noted in Section 3 of the Sign Bylaw No. 1489

Permit Fees

For Building Permit and Plumbing Permit fees see Section 5.9 of the Building and Plumbing Bylaw 1150

For Sign Permit fees see the Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 1471

Please note that the District accepts cash, cheque, or Interac but does not accept credit cards.

For more information, please contact the Planning and Community Services department.

Print This
Back To Top